A Poke in the eye
I don't think I've ever published a collection that has been honored as much as this one. Chris Raschka has brilliantly illustrated this collection of concrete, or shape, poems in a way that is like . . . well, I won't even try to describe his work. You have to sit in a comfy chair with this book in your lap and slowly read the poems and enjoy the illustrations. You are in for a real treat. You can peek at more of his work if you visit the Candlewick Press site and click on the link to his books.
- Cuffie Award Winner: Best Book of Poems Publishers Weekly
- Best Illustrated Children's BookNew York TimesA
- An ALA Notable Children's Book
- A Bank Street College Best Children's Book of the Year
- A Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books Blue Ribbon Winner